Abyss Headphones, a division of USA-based firm JPS Labs which came about from the need for a superior way to listen to music has released their first model headphone.
Abyss’s flagship model is called the AB-1266 and is the result of 5 years of work and experimenting with existing diaphragm and magnet materials. All components are machined from solid aluminum for remarkable strength and the rigid chassis consists of side frames and adjustable two piece headband.
Some of the features of the AB-1266 are listed below:
- Planar magnetic transducer design utilizes very thin, very low mass diaphragm.
- Low carbon steel front baffle with integrated resonance control.
- Unique custom made high power neodymium magnets with optimized slot pattern.
- High quality soft lambskin ear pads for providing comfort and finely tuned acoustics.
- Padded leather headband with head movement isolation.
- Heavy leather carry bag, hand-crafted two-tone felt lined wooden box.
- Heavy aluminum headphone stand laser engraved with the Abyss logo for easy storage and always ready to play.
Here are some of the specifications of AB-1266:
- 5 Hz to 28 KHz Frequency Response.
- 46 ohms nominal Impedance.
- 85 dB Sensitivity.
- Weighs 660 grams without the cable.
Made in USA, The AB-1266 headphones by Abyss are priced at $5495 and will start shipping this May.
For more information, visit the Abyss website.
Via: Sixmoons, Abyss-headphones
The following two tabs change content below.
Sunil has been blogging about autos, consumer gadgets and home improvement ideas from a couple of years. When he is not writing, you can find him riding his royal enfield motorcycle, listening to music and showing off his football skills
Latest posts by Sunil Chandel (see all)
- Caracat from Schneider Caravaning is a camper and catamaran blended into one - September 7, 2022
- 4 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before You Buy a New Laptop - June 27, 2022
- Ways to Get into the Space Industry - June 22, 2022